Food Vendor Application
GENERAL INFORMATION ON BECOMING A FOOD VENDOR AT THE MOUNT HOPE MARKET:
We strive to create a diverse and balanced market–one that attracts
customers and offers breadth/depth of choice, while ensuring
profitability for currently participating vendors.
Criteria for Selecting Vendors:
- A commitment to promoting RI Agriculture and the local food system
- Diversity of product (for new
applicants, the product must bring variety to the market or fill a
demand or gap in the current offerings)
- Available space at the market
- Track record/length of time at market
- Quality of product and of stall display
- Growing/production methods and/or business practices
- Location of operation/production
- Applicant’s access to other retail markets/opportunities
- Applicant’s commitment and contribution to the market’s values of community & collaboration
Farmers, Fisherman & Food Producers:
The majority of food sold has to have been produced by the vendor
themselves, though over the course of a season some items (not exceeding
20%) may be bought in from another local RI/MA producer, subject to approval by market management. (The source & location of these items must be clearly labeled.)
Items not commercially produced/available locally (i.e. olive oil,
citrus) may be allowed at the market at the discretion of the market
We require that prepared/processed/artisan food items be produced or
processed locally from scratch with high-quality ingredients, and we
encourage the use of locally & regionally sourced ingredients
For more information on Farmers Markets in the area and on operating a
food business in Rhode Island, we recommend Farm Fresh RI’s Vendor Guide.
1. Read all of the “2017 SUMMER MARKET POLICIES & STANDARDS“ (also found in full below).
2. All market applications are
processed by our Market Manager. To apply to the farmers market, please e-mail our Market Manager at email@example.com.
3. Include with the application all of the required licenses/permits/product lists/documentation via the checklist on the final page. PLEASE INCLUDE EXPIRATION DATES WHEN COMPLETING YOUR INFORMATION. Your application will be considered incomplete until you have provided all required paperwork. (You may scan or take photos of your permits/licenses and save as jpgs or pdfs via e-mail.)
4. Mail $50 Market Application/Participation Fee payment to Mount Hope Farmers Market P.O. Box 66 Bristol, RI 02809. Make checks out to Mount Hope Farm.
Payment will be held until acceptance decisions have been made, and if a
vendor is not accepted into the market, payment will be voided. (This
fee goes towards market administration/management overhead and
If you are accepted into the market, you will be invoiced electronically for the participation and rental fees.